Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, November 1, 2013

It's November !

It's November again!
And like every November for the past 5 years, I registered for NaNoWriMo. For the people who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, you can either go have a look at their website or let me explain. 

NaNoWriMo is a writing contest where you compete again the word count (aka yourself). All you need to do is to start writing a piece of fiction (don't start in advance, only new project allowed this month) at midnight on the night between the 31st of October and the 1st of Novembe, yes, that's too bad for your Halloween party, and to reach 50000 words by the end of the month aka midnight between the 30th of November and 1st of December. That's all, you write, you update your word count, you send the all thing for verification once you're finished and you WIN! (More tips to win here) 

Well, this year it's not exactly what I'm going to do though. NaNoWriMo actually allows you to decide of your word count, if 50000 words seems like a lot for you, you can tune it down a bit. But this time, I'm going to tune it up a little as I will aim for 75000 words. 
The reasons are: I want to do it so I'm doing it. period. Other than that I always manage more or less my crazy upward version of the game, which is 2500 words per day. If you calculate that gives you (without fail day) 75000 words totally. So I should be able to do it and I need something a little bit more challenging. I mean after a while winning with 50000 words several times a year sounds a little bit boring. 
Which means, with my usual habit to write more and to follow my own tips, I'll be trying to write a daily 3750 words.

I'm going to be writing a story called "Blue Angel" which might or not be a temporary title. Well probably not cause I tend to start with the title and stick with it. 
It's a sequel of Demon and Fairy and Demon World. I'm not writing a series, I'm writing a cloud. But well it has to follow somewhere so we will finally know:

"How is Kelpie getting out of the mess he put himself in?" (Demon and Fairy)
"Where is Lonan?" (Demon World)
"Kamaril" (Demon World) He'll just get mad if I don't put his name here but he will definitely have one of the main roles in this novel as he is our bound with the bad guys.
"What does the bad guys actually want?" Or something like that but more about how they actually do what the heck they are doing, this will also answer one big question "Where is Sahel actually coming from?"
And of course we will have new characters: welcome the angels. You already know Isakael my angel who hates being an angel, now there will also be a girl and she is very special because her wings are turning blue...


As I did for my very first NaNo, I will be uploading the part I wrote daily, so that you can read as I go and tell me what you think,

As if writing a novel in a month was not enough!

Well, you'll have to guess that it isn't because I also register to the 6 weeks challenge which means that I will be learning Japanese hard-core counting each minute of music, anime, drama, reading and SRSing, which means you will have two tickers to keep your eyes on. 


 
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment